The air ducts in your Oahu commercial building offer an important function, bringing cooling throughout your facility as well as circulating the air through a filter, which cleans out some of the dust particles before reaching the rooms in which air is breathed by you and your employees. It is important to keep your ducts clean to keep the air well filtered while enabling plenty of flow. Many business owners have their ducts cleaned periodically, but how often should they be cleaned – and why have them cleaned regularly anyway?
How Often You Should Have Your Commercial Ducts Cleaned on Oahu?
According to the National Air Duct Cleaning Association, you should have your ducts professionally cleaned at least every three to five years. This is because dirt, dust, and other polluted particles tend to build up in your air ducts. It is important to maintain this to keep the air quality as good as possible for the sake of the people working in your building as well as other reasons.
Benefits of Having Your Commercial Ducts Cleaned Regularly
Many benefits come with having your commercial ducts cleaned on a regular basis. Here are five:
1. Reduction in Airborne ParticlesDid you know that indoor air can be more polluted than outdoor air? In fact, it can be more than 70 times so! This means your commercial building occupants can be inhaling fungi, dust, dirt, pollen, mildew, smoke, and more on a daily basis. Commercial duct cleaning on Oahu can get rid of these particles while offering cleaner air to your workers.
2. Fewer Sick DaysDirty air ducts can spread bacteria through the air. Bacteria can lead to sickness, which can lead to absent employees and reduced productivity. Your business thrives when your employees are present and able to work hard with good health. Duct cleaning on a regular basis can reduce the number of sick days that your employees take.
3. Improved ProductivityRegardless of the type of commercial building that you have, whether it be a hospital, an office, a school, a warehouse or any other type of commercial building on Oahu clean air will certainly improve the productivity of those working within the doors. Your faculty and/or students can work harder when the environment around them is clean, thus making it easier for their bodies to get the oxygen they need.
4. Increased Equipment LifeA buildup of dust, allergens, dirt, and other particles can clog up your HVAC system, causing it to quickly fail. By having your commercial ducts cleaned on a regular basis, your equipment is better maintained and will run longer than it would if you only have it cleaned once every five or so years – or less frequently than that. And believe us – it happens!
5. Reduced Energy CostsOne millimeter of dust and dirt particle build-up has the ability to reduce your HVAC system’s efficiency by as much as 21 percent, according to the EPA. When you regularly maintain your commercial duct system, you are able to help it maintain its efficiency, which in return lowers your energy bills.
Contact Cunningham’s Air Systems Cleaning Specialist at PH: 808.456.7619 or through our Website at www.cairductcleaning.com. We are here to help you to make the best decisions possible with your Commercial Duct Cleaning that can also save you a lot of time and money.